Pradeep Kumar Dash, PhD
Dr. Dash has been working with AIT Extension (AITX) of Asian Institute of Technology for more than 24 years. Currently as a senior Program Specialist, Dr. Dash has accumulated a wealth of experience in the training & professional development. I have been responsible for planning, management and execution of various customized and advertised international training programs and multi-country training cum study visits programs. My major area of expertise is in the field of Human Resource Management, Project Management, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Rural and Regional Development Planning, Natural Resource Management, Water and Environment related fields. The geographical coverage of my work experience is heavily in South and South East Asia.
Training & Consultancy Focus:
Dr. Dash has successfully conducted more than 250 professional development / Executive training courses during last two-decades. During last 4-5 years more than 50 training and multi-country study visits program for the public sector organizations & corporate sectors of India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, Ethiopia etc. These training courses were not only conducted in Thailand, but also to various other countries such as Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Vietnam, Cambodia and India. He works in a multi-cultural team environment and has the ability to motivate the team members.
Apart from conducting training courses, I have been involved in Training Needs Assessment & Institutional capacity building analysis for various organizations in South and South East Asia.This exercise involves strategic planning, SWOT analysis, capacity mapping, development of organizational structure, processes and tools to improve efficiency, effectiveness of the organizational to deliver desired results.
AREAS OF FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES
Management Development & Project Management
- Project management focusing on Development sector
- Project/program monitoring & evaluation.
- Report writing and development of project proposal
- Strategic development and capacity building of CBOs, NGOs and Local Government Institutions
Development Research and Analysis:
- Social science research methods and techniques.
- Conducting baseline studies and analysis.
- Rapid Rural Appraisal (RRA) and Participatory Rapid Appraisal (PRA)
- Environmental impact assessment, Social Impact Assessment
Human Resource & Training
- Institutional and organizational analysis
- Training Need Assessment (TNA), Training Process, and Training Design
- designing, planning and execution of these professional development programs
- Evaluate training delivery and its outcome based effectiveness (post training activity).
- Organization behavior soft skills like Team Building& Leadership
Dr. Dash received his M.A, M.Phil and Ph.D. in Geography from Utkal University and a M.Sc. in Rural and Regional Development Planning from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand.