Energies in various forms are indispensable for sustaining human life and pursuing development. Consumption of energy resources worldwide has increased conspicuously in the past decades along with economic growth and population increase, for which exhaustible fossil fuel resources are occupying majority of consumption. Such mass consumption has resulted in serious environmental impacts represented by emission of greenhouse gases.
Energy efficiency is the cheapest, fastest and smartest strategy available for saving money and resources and reducing greenhouse gas emissions around the world. To provide energy security and to preserve the environment for future generations, it is essential to be knowledgeable about state-of-the-art technologies in effective measures for energy conservation.
The Training Course is intended to
- Inform trends in energy demands and impacts on the environment,
- Understand energy saving methods in fluid machinery and air conditioning systems,
- Understand utilization technologies of unused energies in the systems, and
- Describe Life Cycle Assessment on energies for environmental evaluation
- Trends in Energy Demands and Impacts on Environment,
- Compendium on Energy Conservation,
- Energy Saving in Operation of Fluid Machinery,
- Effective Usage of Renewable Energies,
- Waste Heat Recovery Technology and Co-generation System,
- Utilization of Unused Energies in the Factory,
- Energy Saving in Operation of Air Conditioning Systems,
- Life Cycle Assessment on energies,
- Case studies and site visit.
Date and Venue:
25 – 31 August at Asian Institute of Technology
The training course comprises of lectures in English, case studies and workshops, video presentation, country reports and site visits to energy related facilities.
The lecturers are drawn from expert resources of EBARA Corporation, Japan, specializing in engineering and manufacture of fluid machinery and refrigeration system and Faculty of the Asian Institute of Technology.
More images from the closing ceremony are available here.