This course description is indicative, and only for reference purposes. The course is not scheduled unless advertised in our calendar. If you are interested in this course, or require a customized course that is similar to this, please note that fees start from USD 18,000 for one and half week course. This fee is for a customized course for ten or fewer participants. For additional participants, the fee is USD 1800 per participant.
For these fees, the client may customize the course to the precise needs of the client's organization. Scheduling will be in consultation with the client.
Conflict should not be seen as something which is always negative. It is an inherent feature of change in organizations. It becomes a problem when an organization cannot manage or resolve its different interests in a peaceful way and violent conflict emerges. It is very important that executives and managers of development activities and public sector projects need to cope with issues of conflict, in recognition of the need to identify and analyse conflict issues in a consistent way. Understanding of conflict and anticipating its adverse impacts in advance helps managers to handle conflict situations and to increase collective effort to bring results.
Duration: 1.5 weeks
Course overall objective: The course aims to enrich knowledge and understanding of participants on nature of conflicts in organization and create awareness on tools and techniques used for conflict management.
- Conceptual aspects of conflict
- Level of conflict
- Types of conflict
- Causes of conflict
- Conflict analysis
- Techniques for conflict prevention and management
- Introduction to mediation skills and principles of workplace mediation
- Role of a mediator in conflict management.
- Effective conflict resolution skills
Consultative problem solving, cases studies and exposure visits
- How to deal with conflict at team level
- Managing conflict between organizations
- Strategic communication to avoid conflict but increase productivity
- Conflict management strategies
- Creating work-life balance environment
- Visit to public and non-governmental organizations
Course fee: USD 1,800 per person (not include accommodation)