This course is designed for engineering, science, and technology professionals with more than 5 years of experience who are planning to or leading others for the first time. Those who attend usually include: engineers, research scientists, managers, project or product managers, directors, crew chiefs, members of technical staffs, and technical leads.
It is expected that, at the end of the course participants will:
- Enhance knowledge and understanding of technical leadership and followership
- Improve their understanding on the need and benefits of situational leadership
- Able to perform team building skills
- Increase their awareness of others and use interpersonal skills
- Gain knowledge and understanding of conflict management and negotiation skills
- Discover new ways to lead and motivate others in technical environments
- Enhance knowledge in communication skills as a leader in project management
- Identify needs of effective communication and how to best address the needs
- Develop and present an inspiring ideas and visions
- Gain understanding on financial project evaluation and implementation
- Identify and manage the risks of project
This course is suitable for engineering and technology professionals with more than 5 years of experience who are planning to or leading others for the first time. Those who attend usually include: engineers, technologists, research scientists, young managers, project or product managers, department directors, section chiefs, and technical leads.