This Eight (8) days professional development program on ‘Results Based Management’ is prepared in response to a recent request from Bhutan Power Corporation Limited, Thimphu, Bhutan for a proposal for the professionals of Bhutan Power Corporation Limited.
The program comprises of classroom lectures, discussions, case studies, interaction with professionals and sharing of experiences. The course topics are:
- Capturing Results of the Exchange Program
- Developing the Performance Framework
- Indicator Setting
- Management & Reporting for Results
- Managing for Development Results
- Measuring Results
- Principles Regarding RBM and Monitoring of Projects
- Results-based Management and Reporting
- Results-based Monitoring and Evaluation
- Results-based Reporting & Evaluation
- Setting up the RBME system
- The RBM Approach
- Project Reporting in relation to RBM: Sharing of Experience
- Study Visit to Relevant Organizations
Bhutan Power Corporation Limited (BPCL)
Bhutan Power Corporation Limited was launched as a public utility on the 1st of July 2002 with the mandate of distributing electricity throughout the Country and also providing transmission access for generating stations for domestic supply as well as export. One of BPC’s basic mandate was to not only ensure that electricity is available to all our citizens but to also make sure that it is reliable, adequate and above all within the means of all consumers.
BPC started with 1193 employees with 967 employees joining from DoP and 226 employees from CHPC. BPC is the largest corporation in the Kingdom of Bhutan with a human resource size equal to almost 9% of the total Civil Services strength. It is the sole provider of electricity in the Kingdom with operations spread in 19 Dzongkhags. For economic growth to take place sufficient supply of electricity is an important prerequisite and our mandate provides a direct link to achieving the national goal of Gross National Happiness.
DONOR: Bhutan Power Corporation Limited (BPCL)
PARTICIPANTS: The participants for this course will be selected by Bhutan Power Corporation There will be 14 participants attending the program.
COURSE DIRECTOR: Mr. Fazle Karim
COURSE COORDINATOR: Mrs. Thaniya Jirasathitpornpong