The ten days professional development course on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management’is prepared for The Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR), Bangladesh.
It is expected that, at the end of the course participants will have:
- Understand disaster risk reduction concepts and DRR conceptual frameworks and institutional mechanisms
- Identify and understand the causes and impacts of various hazards locally, regionally and globally.
- Identify disaster risk reduction strategies and opportunities in programming.
- Monitor programme inputs, processes and results required for management of DRR.
- Understand concepts, methods, and tools for monitoring of DRR in Humanitarian response, emergency response and development programs.
- Identify ways to overcome barriers to conducting effective Disaster Risk monitoring.
- Conduct disaster Risk monitoring using appropriate methods and tools.
- Get basic knowledge of analyzing qualitative data for humanitarian, emergency and development sector programmes related to DRR.
The Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR)
The vision of the Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh is to reduce the risk of people, especially the poor and the disadvantaged, from the effects of natural, environment and human induced hazards to a manageable and acceptable humanitarian level and to have in place an efficient emergency response management system.
The Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR) has been given the mandate to drive national risk reduction reform programmes. Its mission relative to this agenda is: “To achieve a paradigm shift in disaster management from conventional response and relief to a more comprehensive risk reduction culture, and to promote food security as an important factor in ensuring the resilience of communities to hazards”
TIMING: 19-29 September 2017
VENUE: Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand and Universitas Jember, Indonesia
DONOR: Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief (MoDMR), Bangladesh
PARTICIPANTS: There will be a minimum of 19 participants attending this course.
COURSE DIRECTOR:Mr. Fazle Karim
COURSE COORDINATOR: Ms. Thaniya Jirasathitpornpong
Mr. Md. Omar Farouk
CONTACT : Mr. Fazle Karim
Head,Information Technology & Engineering
AIT Extension, Asian Institute of Technology