This tweleve days program from is designed for the Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka in the area of financial management and accounting in the context of health care.This program aims at developing individual potential and achieving personal best as well as improving knowledge and skills for accountants that financial management tool, techniques and international best practices and executing to the ministry of health, Sri Lanka. Participants will gain a clear understanding of public finance management, how to interpret financial statements such as profit & loss, the balance sheet, cash flow forecasts, risk analysis and break even figures.
It places a special emphasis on strengthening skills in financial management effectiveness, risk based auditing, analysing the public procurement process to identify and eliminate risks of corruption and reforming public procurement, linking planning to indicators and outcomes.
- Financial Management
- Change Management
- Interactive Study Visits
After completion of the program the participants will be able to:
- apply the concepts, tools, techniques and international best practices of financial management
- guide participants in assessing the current state, future conditions, and possible future states of their institutions and finances
- understand challenge of corporate financial reporting and the global financial environment and to apply key steps and success factors of financial management
- understand Accounting’s New International Guidelines: From GAAP to IFRS
- understand risk-based auditing and the challenges for Internal Audit,
- explore financial management and accounting best practices in the Thailand government and private sector hospitals
- understand, compare and analyse health sector accounting best practices for both countries
- Provide leadership in managing change from one system to another
- Design training to explain the change to the implementation team
- Deliver training to the team implementing the change
TIMING:The training program will be held from 29 Sept. to 9 October 2017
VENUE: AIT, Thailand
CLIENT/DONOR: Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka.
PARTICIPANTS: This course is designed to meet the needs of the delegates from Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka.
COURSE DIRECTOR: Dr. Sundar Venkatesh
COURSE COORDINATOR(S): Ms. Kluaymai Thongkham and Ms. Farah Nashid Hossain