This Eight days professional development program on ‘Strategic Leadership for Utility Managers’ is prepared in response to a recent request from Bhutan Power Corporation Limited, Thimphu, Bhutan for a proposal for the professionals of Bhutan Power Corporation Limited. The program comprises of classroom lectures, discussions, case studies, interaction with professionals and sharing of experiences.
OBJECTIVE: It is expected that, at the end of the course participants will be able to:
- enhance knowledge and appreciate theoretical concepts and principles on leadership;
- have advance knowledge on public utilities’ organizational strategic management plan, business plan and strategies to lead strategic change oriented towards energy issues;
- instill the value of strategic plan and drive execution of the plan;
- share knowledge and practical experience on financial perspectives of utility management and on cost control of projects/programs;
- familiarize with strategies for staff motivation to deliver decent service to clients; and
- have pleasing mind-set on importance of customer services as key elements in utilities management.
Bhutan Power Corporation Limited (BPCL)
Bhutan Power Corporation Limited was launched as a public utility on the 1st of July 2002 with the mandate of distributing electricity throughout the Country and also providing transmission access for generating stations for domestic supply as well as export. One of BPC’s basic mandate was to not only ensure that electricity is available to all our citizens but to also make sure that it is reliable, adequate and above all within the means of all consumers.
BPC started with 1193 employees with 967 employees joining from DoP and 226 employees from CHPC. BPC is the largest corporation in the Kingdom of Bhutan with a human resource size equal to almost 9% of the total Civil Services strength. It is the sole provider of electricity in the Kingdom with operations spread in 19 Dzongkhags. For economic growth to take place sufficient supply of electricity is an important prerequisite and our mandate provides a direct link to achieving the national goal of Gross National Happiness.
DONOR: Bhutan Power Corporation Limited (BPCL)
PARTICIPANTS: The participants for this course will be selected by Bhutan Power Corporation. It is expected that there will be 16 participants attending the program.
Duration: 9 – 16 October 2017.
Venue: AIT, Thailand.
COURSE DIRECTOR: Mr. Fazle Karim
COURSE COORDINATOR: Mr. Md. Omar Farouk
CONTACT:Mr. Fazle Karim,
HeadInformation Technology & Engineering
AIT Extension, Asian Institute of Technology