The ten days professional development course on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management is prepared for officers relevant to the disaster management.
Objective: It is expected that, at the end of the course participants will have:
- Understand disaster risk reduction concepts and DRR conceptual frameworks and institutional mechanisms
- Identify and understand the causes and impacts of various hazards locally, regionally and globally.
- Identify disaster risk reduction strategies and opportunities in programming.
- Monitor programme inputs, processes and results required for management of DRR.
- Understand concepts, methods, and tools for monitoring of DRR in Humanitarian response, emergency response and development programs.
- Identify ways to overcome barriers to conducting effective Disaster Risk monitoring.
- Conduct disaster Risk monitoring using appropriate methods and tools.
- Get basic knowledge of analyzing qualitative data for humanitarian, emergency and development sector programmes related to DRR.
TIMING: The training course will be held during 11 – 20 December 2017 (excluding travel time). The participants will arrive on 10 December 2017 and leave on 21 December 2017.
VENUE: AIT, Thailand and Yogyakarta, Indonesia
PARTICIPANTS: 21 participants for this training is selected by the concerned authority. Participants are drawn from senior officers and executives engaged in different disciplines related to disaster risk reduction and management.
COURSE DIRECTOR: Mr. Fazle Karim
COURSE COORDINATOR(S): Mr. Agus Prajogo, Ms. Thaniya Jirasathitpornpong, Mr. Syed Muntasir Husain Bokhari
CONTACT: Mr. Fazle Karim
Head,Information Technology & Engineering
AIT Extension, Asian Institute of Technology
Phone: 02 524 5311