The course contents are selected according to contexts in developing countries and best practices that have succeed elsewhere.
- Ecosystem of Good Governance and its Tool for Anti-corruption
- Ethic Management in Public Administration
- Clean Public Sector Management Approaches
- Check and Balance System
- Approach for Investigation
- Case Management System
- ICT Assisted Services as preventive measures
- Complaint Handling System
- Performance Evaluation System
- Education and awareness raising to create clean organization culture
It is expected that after the end of the training program, participants will:
- Have acquainted knowledge on approaches and methods to implement anti-corruption strategies in public organizations.
- enrich participants’ practical knowledge on adoption of corrective measures, preventive strategies, and best practices to minimize the risk on corruptions; and
- have exposure on anti-corruption strategies and practices being implemented in Thailand.