This course will help young graduates, experienced farmers, aspiring individuals to create new opportunities in Agricultural sector meeting the industry and market standards, thru which, new jobs, new businesses can be established in the future. The course will also help the participants to understand and learn the farming techniques in innovative manner applying latest technologies and creating new B2B market in generating revenue and contributing to the country’s GDP.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how technology interprets the conventional methods of farming.
- Implement the technologies in farming to see and experience the changes.
- Learn how to improve the Yield of crops.
- Learn about precision farming tools and IoT in enhancing on-farm productivity.
- Understand and execute remote sensors, Robotics, IOT technologies and Hardware equipment.
- Understand how to empower smallholder farmers through DT/ICT Tools in achieving efficiency, market access and financial services.
- Strengthen knowledge on efficient and sustainable agro-based businesses using innovative cutting-edge technologies and other ICT tools.
Module 1: Sustainable and Smart Farming for the Future
- Sustainability in agricultural systems
- Energy food water security
- Modernization of Farming Practices
- Eco-friendly Weed Control and Management
Module 2: Farm Mechanization and Precision Farming
- Climate Smart Agriculture: Technological Interventions
- Innovative agricultural techniques for improving crop productivity
- Precision Farming with Predictive Analytics and for High Value Crops
- Efficient Water and Inputs Management
- Integrated Nutrient and Soil Health Management
Module 3: Digital and Cutting Edge Technologies in Agriculture and Food Supply
- An introduction to Digital Agricultural Technologies (DAT)
- Recent advances in Farm Automation and Crop Production
- Crop Water Management using Internet of Things (IoT) devices and Smart Phone Apps
- The Application of Remote Sensing and GIS Technology in Agriculture
- Smart Aqua Farming
Module 4: AI and IoT (Internet of Things) in Agriculture and Food Industry
- Robots and Drones/UAVs
- Drone Imaging and Monitoring using UAVs
- Sensors, Actuators, Cameras and other connected devices
- Monitoring systems and equipment controllers to maintain the field and monitor the crops conditions remotely
- Monitoring of Climate Conditions
- Greenhouse Automation
- Process Automation for increased business efficiency
- Roughage Feed Development from Corn Silage Plantation by Applying IoTs based on Smart Agriculture
- Application of Drones/UAVs in Agriculture and NRM – problems and prospects!
Module 5: Leadership and Management Capabilities and Skills for the Farm of the Future (Module on Soft Skills)
a) Open-mindedness Towards Change
- Open mind towards technologies
- Seeing digital technologies as enablers
- Developing confidence in digital solutions to achieve farm objectives
- Curiosity, creativity and innovative attitude
- Adaptability and ability to learn on the move
b) Strategic and Comprehensive Management
- Strategic thinking and positioning
- Identification of needs and priority setting
- Processing, analysis and interpretation of data and complex information from precision agriculture technologies
- Task allocation or assessment of alternatives
- Risk assessment
- Leadership, supervision and training of employees
- Financial and marketing skills
- Time management
c) Communication and Collaboration with Business Players
- Adaptive capacity (to others)
- Basic English literacy
d) Linking Digital Solutions with Agriculture Business Needs
- Knowledge on the available technologies
- Identifying and assessing available technologies most appropriate for business needs
- Developing a strategy to purchase and fully utilize the technologies
- Integrating the IT solutions within (and together with) the operational context, capacities and farming knowledge
Module 6: Individual or Group Action Plan (I/GAP)
An Integration and Presentation Session will be conducted at the end of the program. In this session the participants will deliver presentations on lessons learnt and key learning points (KLP) as an Individual/Group Action Plan (I/GAP). Participants will be expected to prepare a report and a presentation, either as group or as individual, on the key learning points that gathered from both the classroom lectures and study visits. These learning points should reflect their usefulness and/or applicability/adaptability in their country context, while the action plan (as group/individual) will highlight their course of action after returning from the program. The content of the report and presentation will be discussed by the course director and the presentation will be mandatory for participants receiving certificates of successful completion of the program.